Drupal is an open source Content Management Systems (CMS) that allows flexibility and ease to publish, manage and organize website content. It is easy to install and with Drupal we can create sites, personal blogs and other applications with no trouble.
Other than website development when it comes to search engine optimization or promoting drupal websites in internet and major search engines including Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. Drupal seems to be step ahead than other content management systems. As number of SEO modules, plugin and extensions are available to perform SEO work on your website without touching the code.
SEO Check List for Drupal:
- Enable Clean URLS feature: It can be done from
Home > Administration > Site Configuration > Clean URL’s
- Pathauto module: Install the pathauto module, it generates alias for each page with an URL.
- Page Title Module: Page title plays the vital role in Search Engine Result Pages as search engines give importance to page title. Therefore page title must be optimized perfectly. For Drupal you can download the page title module which helps in managing the title effortlessly.
Page title module also has other features like: Token Integration, Granular Control, Pagination Suffix etc.
- Global Redirect Module: It checks if the Clean URLs feature is enabled or not and checks access to the URL and implements the 301 redirection to the URLs which are not in use.
- Site Map Module: It creates the site map of your website and also displays the RSS feeds for all blogs and categories.
- Search 404 Module: Instead of displaying a 404 Error page, Search 404 module searches for the users search query and displays the most applicable page.
- Analytics Module: Installing the analytics module you can use the same tracking settings like Google Analytics.
- Robots Txt Module: This module creates the robots.txt file automatically for the multiple drupal sites running from a single code, gives the flexibility to edit, rename and delete the file at the root.
Other than these many other free SEO related add-ons are available which can help you in managing the SEO activities of your Drupal website and maximize your web presence.